H10 PUERTA DE ALCALÁ - HOTEL REVIEW


Hola!
Back home from Madrid I did basically nothing for the first few days except catching up and celebrating my birthday with everybody I left back home. (Thanks btw for all the birthday wishes over on my social media accounts! 😊) And then I already had to go back to work again. Like every time I get back home from vacation, I can't motivate myself to unpack my suitcase and I still haven't finished that task. - Tell me I'm not the only one who takes ages to unpack. Whatever.. at least I found the time and the motivation now to sit down and start telling you everything about the five days I spent in Madrid, starting with the hotel we stayed at - the H10 Puerta de Alcalá


Calle de Alcalá 66, 28009 Madrid, Spain

LOCATION ****

It's located right next to a huge park - Parque del Buen Retiro. Lots of coffee shops, restaurants, a Subway, and a small supermarket are in walking distance. The nearest metro station (Príncipe de Vergara) is a two minute walk away and from there it takes you around six minutes to go right into the city centre. However, if you'd prefer to walk, it's an half hour walk.


ROOM ****

We stayed in a  Classic Double Room on the third floor which was equipped with a flatscreen TV with international channels, WI-FI, a minibar, a safe and air conditioning with a thermostat. The bed was actually two beds which you could put apart if you'd like.

What I really liked was the style of the room - the whole design in mostly black and white was exactly my cup of tea! As well as the marble tiles in the shower! My favourite detail about our room however, had to be the place by the window! Sitting on that little 'couch' next to the open window and just looking out into the backyard.. loved it! It's about the little things in life, people! :)





ROOFTOP AREA *****

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for rooftops - as soon as I saw pictures of it, the decision to choose this hotel had been made! We definitely spent loots of time up there, and if you scroll down and have a look at the pictures, you'll immediately get why! It's just the perfect place to watch the sunset with a glass (or more 😜) of Sangria in your hand, take lots of pictures and just embrace the view over beautiful Madrid. 

Apart from the amazing view you have up there, I was also really pleased by all the greenery there was. Urban jungle are the words that come to my mind. Last and definitely not least - the plunge pool. Without a doubt, that was the thing I was most excited for and I haven't got disappointed at all! 

pool opening hours:
 12:00 - 20:00 every day

rooftop bar 
12:00 - 00:00 Wednesday - Sunday
(when the rooftop bar is closed, you can order drinks at the bar in the 
lobby and take them up with you in the elevator)







SERVICE/STAFF ***

The personnel at the reception area were very obliging - we got a map for the Metro as well as a map of Madrid and a few tips on where to go and what to see without even having to ask for it. They kept our luggage for us until our room was ready/we had to head off to the airport and in general everyone was real nice and it was easy to communicate in English with everyone. The same applies for the staff at the bar downstairs. Only negative experience we had, was at the rooftop bar one night when we waited such a long time to order our drinks and then my friend got the wrong drink. But hey, people make mistakes - after I asked about it, they replaced it with the right drink, so no big deal!


BREAKFAST BUFFET *****

Breakfast was the only meal we had at the hotel itself and the breakfast buffet was amazing - basically anything you could wish for, they had it. You could choose between coffee, tea, different juices (orange, pineapple, etc.) and water for drinks. And for actual food there was plenty of joice, like, for instance: toast, pastry, croissants, jam, honey, yoghurt, cereal, different kinds of fresh fruit, breakfast egg, & lots more

breakfast was served from 7am to 10:30 am




 

OVERALL OPINION ****

At least for us, it was the perfect hotel for my birthday trip to Madrid. We didn't want to be too far from the city centre and we wanted at least a bit of 'luxury', which we got in form of the rooftop plunge pool with that amazing view. 
To put it in a nutshell: Everything was great, apart from a few trivialities, but we enjoyed our stay very much nonetheless.

Would I recommend/ stay at this hotel again?
Yes, definitely! 



xo, Lena



 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram


I didn't get paid to write a review about this hotel or stay there for free. I paid everything with my own money and as always all of the opinion stated above is my own - just so there are no misunderstandings!


No comments:

Post a Comment