LEOPOLDSTEINERSEE


At the beginning of 2018, I didn't come up with any new years resolutions, cause knowing myself, I wouldn't stick to them anyway. Instead, I set myself the goal to spend more time in nature - in form of hiking, walking or whatever. So far, I think it's going pretty well for me, and there are no words to describe how much I enjoy it.  - Time spent in nature is never wasted. 

Quite a while ago now, actually (I just looked it up and oh my, that's already been in April! ) I had one of those days where I felt the urge to go somewhere. Anyone else know that feeling? The weather was nice and I was home alone, so nothing kept me there. About 90 minutes later I arrived at my destination: the Leopoldsteinersee.



when: April 28th, 2018
where: Leopoldsteinersee, near Eisenerz (Styria/Austria)





Whilst walking around the lake, I took lots and lots of photos - obviously - of the beautiful scenery. Even though I feel my photos can't take this place justice, but whatever. Somewhere on the path I met an older man, who saw me with my camera and came up to me to tell me about this cool spot for photos only a short walk back. He even showed me some of the photos he took himself of said spot and we had a little chat. This small gesture of his really made my day! ðŸ˜Š






If just walking around, relaxing and taking photos is too boring for you, you can also swim in the lake if it's warm enough or even rent a small boat and cruise around for a while. Apart from that I also saw some guys with a kayak and there are a few hiking paths in the area as well. So as you can see, you won't be bored! ðŸ˜‰




"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."

That probably sounds a bit weird, but seeing old couples like the one in the photo always make me smile. ☺️ 'Cause that's the goal, isn't it? Growing old with the person you love.



After I finished my walk around the lake I explored the surrounding area a bit and took some more photos. Whilst doing that I met this cute little baby chamois - isn't it the cutest thing ever? ☺️





OTHER AUSTRIA-RELATED POSTS:
LET'S HIKE
LET'S HIKE #2
SCHLOSSPARK LAXENBURG
TEICHALM/SOMMERALM

xo, Lena



 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment