FOUR HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MONTH OF MARCH


Quite recently I stumbled upon the blog The Anna Edit and definitely enjoyed her "Five highlights from the month of.."- posts the most and immediately wanted to do this myself from now on. Or at least try to do so. (As this is the first one, we don't wanna overdo things right away, so today it'll only be four highlights)
For me my blog feels like a diary of some sort and I love, love, love reading my older posts, especially the ones about my travels, cause it just takes me back to those times. So I thought, this would be another cool thing to look back on in a few months or even years. 
As always I'm kinda late with everything, and even though we're already a few days into April, here are four of my highlights from the month of March, 2018!

March Bullet Journal spread 2018

SUNDAY ROADTRIPS

You know I love my Sunday trips, always have, always will (find more of those in my travel category) - but well, it's just so easy with my friends:


A: "Ugh I miss Piran" 
B: "When you wanna go?" 
A: "Sunday? It's supposed to be 13°C and sunny" 
B: "I'm in!"

A word and a blow! A few days later, early in the morning we headed towards Slovenia and the sea. Some few hours later (in which we mostly sang along to party songs at the top of our lungs) we were walking those narrow alleys of Piran once again. (Wondering about what to do there? - read "10 things to do in Piran")
After a few hours of walking around for a while, having ice cream and later lunch, going to a museum and soaking up the towns atmosphere we started heading towards home again, even though we didn't wanna leave. On our way home we made a bit of a detour and went to Predjamski Grad (Predjama castle), as this was a place the two of us wanted to visit for a little while already. Let me tell you, this castle looks sick in real life. It's situated in the middle of a towering cliff, what's more badass than that? Altough we didn't go inside (maybe next time), it was still a cool experience.

Predjama Castle, Predjamski Grad

read more about the first trip to the Green Lake - here


THAT DAY AT THE SEASIDE

Immediately after we parked the car in the car park, just outside Piran, Michaela and I ran to the 'windows', looked at the sea for the first time this year, looked at each other and started grinning from ear to ear. The seaside always has had this effect on me. Watching the waves crash and listening to the sound they make while they do so, the cries of the seagulls, the saltiness in the air - I just love every aspect of it. Unfortunately I don't live near the sea, but this way it makes it even more special those few times I go there.

"Blue is known as a 'sad' colour. but when I see the sea, all my sorrows are washed away."

Piran Slovenia seaside

MY 'NEW' CAR

Strictly speaking I already bought it in February, but due to the bad weather (it was always snowing here...) I didn't drive it until the middle of March. And no it's not brand new, but it's new for me, so.. 
Whoever says money doesn't buy happiness doesn't know where/what to shop! 
..Just kidding, I know life isn't about the material things, but oh boy, every time I have a look at my beauty I smile like a complete idiot. 

Volkswagen Golf VII


TIME WITH FRIENDS & FAMILY

Yeah I know, I know, this sounds like a super lame one, but well, it's still one of my personal highlights from March (and probably any given month). Whether it has been going for a walk with my male best friend (hey you! 👋🏼), going to a thermal bath with the girls, having lunch at my sisters (who I sadly don't see often enough), going for a after-work drink with the colleagues or simply spending time with my parents at home. Moments like these make me feel really blessed and I'm so happy to have them in my life - you know who you are, thanks guys! 😚


old photo btw


You know I'm a nosy person, so tell me about one (or more) of your March highlight(s) in the comments below!

xo, Lena

 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment