SALZBURG!


Hey guys!

If you have already read my road trip - post , you'll know that I have been in Salzburg quite recently. Most of my friends thought that I was crazy, because I went there alone and absolutely spontaneously, but some of them wanted to do something like that as well. So on Sunday, March 15th I met a friend of mine at 8am and we went to Salzburg again!



Firstly we looked for a parking garage where we could park the car and after we found one we went to Festung Hohensalzburg. We had a marvelous view from up there! After we admired the view for quite a long time, we sat down on one of the benches where we just enjoyed the sun, because the weather was amazing as well. It was so warm, it nearly felt like summer ;)




We then went down to the Kapitelplatz where I ate this amazing pretzel. It wasn't a normal pretzel - it tasted like a donut, but it looked like a pretzel. - Now I want one again!
After I bought the pretzel, we sat down on one of the benches in front of the Salzburg cathedral and we enjoyed the sun again. There were some musicians playing, I think it was a string quartet, or something like that, but the music was really soothing and I liked it a lot! The musicians were playing songs like "Over the rainbow",but on their violins, etc.







Normally, I don't like coffee and I usually don't drink coffee - never, unless I'm at Starbucks. I know this is stupid. Maybe the normal coffee tastes too 'boring' for me, however, I just love drinks like the "gingerbread latte" or the "pumpkin spiced latte"! 
Sadly, there is no Starbucks anywhere near the city where I live.(but I think my bank account is really happy about that) Therefore, whenever I'm in a city and I know there's a Starbucks, I go there.
This time I got myself a berry hibiscus refresha and a maple macchiato :)




 After the coffee break we wanted to go back to the parking garage, but on the way back, we walked along the river, and we saw a lot of people chilling in the meadow at the riverbank so we went there as well and layed down for a few minutes and soaked up the sun one last time.



Before we headed home, we made a stop at Mondsee, because I just love lakes! It was quite windy there, but I enjoyed it a lot and I'm really glad we stopped there.






It was an awesome day and I can only recommend doing the same if you have a day off or just if you're bored on a normal Sunday. Just grab your friends, hop into the car and drive somewhere you've never been before, or some place you really like. I guarantee you'll make lots of great memories and you'll have a lot more stories to tell your children and grandchildren when you're older. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Salzburg sieht toll aus, da sollte ich vielleicht mal hin! Ist leider 'ne Ecke entfernt von hier...

    Liebe Grüße
    Rona von threepinkcats
    → hier kannst du einen wunderschönen Infinity-Ring gewinnen! x ←

    ReplyDelete