ZELENCI, LAGHI DI FUSINE & PYRAMIDENKOGEL


So far the new year is being pretty good to me - Happy New Year by the way! 🎉 Last Sunday I went on my first short trip in 2018, and it was a good one. As the title probably already gave away, we were moving around in the tri-border region of Austria, Italy and Slovenia. 

My bestie Michaela and I met up at around 6am in the morning, and after about half an hour of looking for her passport ('cause you never know.. you should always take it with you) we finally headed off to Slovenia. After approximately two and a half hours of us just singing on top of our lungs and talking about everything and anything we finally arrived at our first destination: Zelenci Springs, which is a nature resort near the town of Kranjska Gora. We parked the car and after a short walk of about 5 minutes we arrived at the little 'lake'. On that day there was a skiing competition in Kranjska Gora, which I hadn't thought of at first, until we were able to hear the stadium announcer there. They also played party music and once all the other visitors were gone, we started dancing to it. 

The mountain you see in the background is called "Martuljek" or "Špik" and it's part of the Triglav National Park.


Unfortunately the battery of my camera died after a few photos (cause I forgot to charge it - stupid me ) - so all the following photos were shot with my iPhone, so excuse the quality.



After our "little" photoshoot there, we walked back to the car and decided to head off to Italy. Not even 15 minutes later we arrived at our second stop: Laghi di Fusine. These two beautiful glacial lakes are located just outside of Tarvisio, in the region of Friuli Venezia Giulia. The two lakes "Lago Inferiore" and "Lago Superiore" are only a short walk away from each other. As you'll see in the photos, we walked straight into Winter Wonderland. ❄️  There was lots of snow everywhere and the lakes where even partly frozen. 



Don't you just love the sound of walking on snow? Well, I know I do! What I also really loved was the moody atmosphere - ah-mazing!


The water of the Lower Lake was this awesome greenish color, which made me wanna go back there in summer or fall. Just imagine how beautiful it must look then!


When we were back in Austria we were nearly starving, as we hadn't eaten anything until then - so first things first, we went to McDonalds (hello 'Hüttengaudi!' 😄🍔) Once we were so full it was hard for us to even move, we went to Pyramidenkogel. It's an Observation Tower and with a height of 100 meters, it's the highest wooden viewing tower in the world. From up there you can enjoy an impressive wide-ranging 360° view - for example on the Wörthersee, the summits of the Hohe Tauern, the Karawanken and towards Italy and Slovenia. 

For more infos such as opening hours: check Pyramidenkogel


Too lazy to walk all the 441 steps (yep, there are that many!) back down again? Don't worry, they got you covered! The highest slide in Europe to be incorporated in a building is waiting  there for you. The slide is 120m long and has a top to bottom height difference of 52m. Allegedly you'll reach a speed of up to 25 km/h and after about 20 seconds the fun's over again. 

I have to admit I was kinda nervous at first, but then really enjoyed it and laughed all the way down. 😄



Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this day. Being with friends, having long talks, just enjoying each others presence and going to such beautiful places and simply being in nature - that's exactly the shit I live for!



xo, Lena




also can't get enough of Slovenia?


 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram



2 comments: