SCHLOSSPARK LAXENBURG!



Once upon a time... -that's how fairytales start. 
On Sunday I went to the castle grounds in Laxenburg - a small town right outside Vienna. Having seen lots of pictures on Instagram and Facebook of this place before, I knew it was going to be the perfect destination for my autumnal Sunday afternoon 'adventure' :b About 90 minutes later I parked my car in one of the car parks and headed for the entrance. 

As an adult, the entry is 2.30€ . 

Walking around this park and seeing the castles, definitely felt like walking into a fairytale. I could picture it all. This park is such a magical place - especially in autumn! So to all you autumn lovers out there: this is the place to be! Which you'll see in the photos below. 



This park and the castle grounds cover an area of over 280 hectare. There are a few monuments, a lake, a small waterfall, a museum &&& Even though I've been walking around for about two hours, there's still a lot I haven't seen. So it's most likely I'll come back here, maybe even in winter for a little ice skating session on the lake. 





Oh how I love walking on crunching leaves - the sound of it is just pure bliss for my ears.


This tower of the "Franzenburg" kinda reminded me of Rapunzel. Walking by I imagined the prince shouting "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" - Straight out of a fairytale, right? Ok, maybe it's just me and my vivid imagination. ;)




As most of the time, I also went alone  this time, and mostly I'm really comfortable being on my own, doing these things alone. However, seeing all the cute couples and big families made me feel a bit lonely. Don't get me wrong though - I still enjoyed myself, so it wasn't that bad.  (You can't really be sad too long in such a beautiful place) But you know, I also wouldn't have minded having a special someone next to me.





Autumnal heaven



xo, Lena

 follow me on: Bloglovin // Facebook // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment